Sunday, April 8, 2012

The source of our strength

Psalm 28:7-8 The Lord is my strength and my shield; My heart trusts in him and I am helped; Therefore my heart exults, and with my song I shall thank Him.


It is almost Easter and I cannot help but share with you God's mercy and grace. He sent his son to die on the cross for our sins. You see we all have a sinful nature and God only sees that until we become saved. Recently, someone explained it this way. If you murdered someone and you went before a judge and the judge said I am not going to charge you with this murder because the good in your life outweighs the bad would you consider him a good judge? I often hear others say that they do not believe that a loving God would send anyone to hell but he has made a way for us to enter heaven and that is through his son Jesus Christ. He sent his son to died for us and  to take the payment of our sin. We need to understand that Jesus is the way that God has provided this way to heaven. He is the key to our salvation from an eternity in hell. I am so grateful to God for providing this way for us and I pray that everyone who reads this will accept him as their savior. Many hear the truth and turn away from it. Others become offended when you share this with them. Being saved translates into being forgiven not being better or more righteous than someone else. When we stand before God on judgement day he will ask you why he should let you into heaven? The only answer that he will accept  is that Jesus died to save me from my sins and I have accepted him as my savior and tried to live life serving him and sharing his word with others. Many who do not know the Lord as their savior cannot understand why Christians share this with others. We are commanded by God to share what we know and we also want everyone friends and family to know him. The worst thing will be not spending an eternity in heaven with those that we love.The joy and peace you experience is wonderful and you cannot help but share this with others so that they too can know God and experience that Joy. I am thankful that God has saved me and my immediate family. The peace of knowing that one day all of the sickness and sorrow of this world will pass and we will the spend an eternity worshipping our Heavenly Father is what helps us struggle through the sorrow and sickness and trials of life. Our time on earth is very short and it will all pass away eventually but our God in heaven will reign forever. We cherish the day when we can worship him in heaven.

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God

We are thankful for a few good weeks. Colleen is stronger than I have seen her in some time. She is laughing and giggling and her mentation is back to normal. I guess the methotrexate toxicity lasted for some time. She is still receiving shots, pills and chemotherapy in her port on fridays but she is doing wonderful. We are thankful that God has allowed everyone in our home to remain free from illness for the last 2 months. What a miracle! Colleen took a picture with her dad today and I am impressed by her strength and courage. She gave us permission to post a picture of her without her wig. Truly inspiring! Thank you for praying and have a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment